英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

严厉制裁朝鲜刻不容缓

xuyan 于2017-08-02发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
严厉制裁朝鲜刻不容缓
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

images.jpg
Next an editorial reflecting the views of the United States government.


接下来,是一篇反映美国政府观点的社论。

North Korea’s nuclear weapons and missile program is today one of the most serious threats to the world as a whole.

朝鲜核武器与导弹项目是现今全世界面临的最严峻威胁之一。

North Korea has threatened its neighbors and flouted United Nations resolutions.

朝鲜也威胁到了其邻国、并违反了联合国的决议。

North Korea’s test of an intercontinental ballistic missile or ICBM on July 4 was a major escalation.

朝鲜7月4日试射的一枚洲际弹道导弹(ICBM)则是此类行为的一个重大升级。

Kim Jong Un’s resolve to achieve a nuclear-tipped ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States mainland

金正恩决心要制造一枚可搭载核弹头的弹道导弹,射程可以达到美国本土,

constitutes a serious escalation of North Korea’s nuclear and ballistic missile program.

而这已经构成了朝鲜核与弹道导弹项目的严重升级。

The threat posed by North Korea is not new, having challenged five previous Administrations,

而由朝鲜所带来的威胁并不是新的,对之前五届美国政府都造成了挑战,

said State Department Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs Susan Thornton.

美国国务院东亚和太平洋事务代理助理部长苏珊·桑顿如是说道。

From long experience, we know that North Korea has no intention of abandoning its nuclear program in the current environment.

从长期的经验来看,我们知道朝鲜在当前环境下并不打算放弃其核项目。

But increasing economic and diplomatic pressure may work,

但是越来越大的经济和外交压力可能会起作用,

particularly since Kim Jong Un’s regime has never faced a sustained period of intense international pressure.

尤其是因为金正恩政权从未面临过持续的国际压力。

We will change that, working with international partners wherever possible.

而我们将改变这一点,尽可能地与国际合作伙伴合作。

But we will not hesitate to act unilaterally against those who enable North Korea’s pursuit of strategic nuclear capabilities.

但是我们将毫不犹豫地单方面行动,反对那些使得朝鲜有能力追求战略核能力的国家。

Based on these experiences, we have developed a three-pronged strategy, said Acting Assistant Secretary Thornton.

代理助理部长桑顿表示,基于这些经验,我们已经制定了一个三步走战略。

First, we’ve called on all UN member states to fully implement the commitments they made regarding North Korea.

首先,我们已经呼吁所有联合国成员国,充分履行他们在朝鲜问题方面所作的承诺。

Second, we’ve urged countries to suspend or downgrade diplomatic relations with North Korea.

其次,我们已经敦促有关国家暂停或者降级和朝鲜的外交关系。

And finally, we asked all countries to cut trade ties with Pyongyang to increase North Korea’s financial isolation.

最后,我们呼吁所有国家减少与朝鲜的贸易关系,从而增强朝鲜的金融孤立。

“We have relentlessly implemented this policy,” said Acting Assistant Secretary Thornton.

“我们坚持不懈地执行这一项政策,” 代理助理部长桑顿说道,

“From Mali to Malaysia, we have made clear that applying greater pressure on North Korea is not only a talking point,

“从马里到马来西亚,我们已经明确表示,对朝鲜施加更大压力不仅仅是一个谈判点,

it is an area where we expect continuing cooperation as a basis for strong bilateral relations.”

也是我们期望作为牢固双边关系基础而继续展开合作的地方。”

Crucial to the success of our strategy is our trilateral cooperation with Japan and South Korea,

我们策略成功的关键是我们和日韩两国的三边合作,

as is China’s growing but uneven pressure, particularly economic pressure, on North Korea.

而中国目前也在对朝鲜施加更大(但不均匀)的压力,尤其是经济压力。

“Together, these actions all send a clear message to the international community –

“所有这些行动都向国际社会发出了一个明确的信息——

if you attempt to evade sanctions and conduct business with designated North Korean entities, you will pay a price,”

如果你试图逃避制裁、并与被指名的朝鲜实体进行贸易往来的话,你将为此付出代价,”

said Acting Assistant Secretary Thornton.

代理助理部长桑顿如是说道。

“We will continue to fully exercise all of our standing sanctions authorities to choke off revenue streams to North Korea.”

“我们将继续充分执行我们现有的制裁措施,切断朝鲜的收入来源。” 

 

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行